This month we feature guitarist/backing vocalist Erin Murphy-Dunn!:
Get to know Erin!
Name: Erin Murphy-Dunn
Role in SJB: acoustic & electric guitar, backing vocals
Brief background: I’ve been playing guitar since 12 y.o., and started playing in bands when I was 20. I’ve had many roles in bands from lead guitarist to rhythm guitarist, lead singer, songwriter, and now as acoustic & electric guitarist/harmony vox for Stefanie Jasmine. I also have a Berklee educated background in Music Business and Music Production.
Lesser known fact?: I am a closeted drummer. (Not so closeted if you follow me on Instagram!)
Were you and Rob Murphy once married?: that’s been the rumor. I love Rob, but that rumor is false.
Do you have any non-music related hobbies?: I’m an accidental flower gardener. I should say ‘forced’ gardener though. The gardens came with the purchase of a new home last year.
Joan Jett or Susie Quatro?: Who is Susie Quatro?? (this is me avoiding showing my age. Look her up on Google, kids) The correct answer here is Joan Jett anyway!
Favorite food: I love authentic Mexican food. Luckily there are a few great ones local to me.
Musical weapons of choice?: I don’t have too many, I have a Fender Telecaster Highway One, and a Yamaha AC3M acoustic that I use with SJB . I also own an Ibanez RG570 (my rawk tool), a Yamaha APX500iii acoustic, an Ovation Custom Legend acoustic, a Dean 6 string ‘Guitjo’ (or banjitar). For amps, I have a Vox AC30VR (for SJB), Marshall 2x12 8240 Valvestate, a Pearl Roadshow 4 pc kit, various Zildjian cymbals. For studio/recording, this list is too long and potentially boring for people, I shall spare you.
Favorite SJB gig so far?: I have to say opening for Lee Brice the first time, when I met some really incredible people that I now consider friends. A close 2nd is travelling to Nashville to gig with Stefanie but that wasn’t full band, so does that count?? I'm saying yes.
The month we feature lead guitarist Bill 'Buck' Buckley!:
Get to know Buck:
1. Name? William F. Buckley, Jr.
2. What's your role in the SJB? I came to the band taking over Lead Guitar duties from the awesome (but as-then relocated) Rob Panarelli.
3. Brief background? I come from a Musical family where everybody played something. The pressure was on me for years to "figure out" what I was going to play? One day the kid across the street got his dad's guitar out and showed me how to play a KISS song. From there, I made it my goal to learn as much about the guitar (and music theory) as possible. I took guitar lessons from Day 1, and immersed myself in the world of music theory. I'm probably a "smarter" player than I am a "technical" player.
4. Other Hobbies/Interests outside of music? I am a hard-core Roller Coaster/Amusement Park Enthusiast!! I've ridden nearly 2,000 roller coasters around the world. I also have the distinction of having visited every major amusement park in North America! When I'm not riding the rails, I like to engage in Equitation, such as Dressage. I wish my horsemanship was as good as my guitar playing!
5. Favorite color? Camo.
6. If you were stuck on an island and could only have 3 things, what would they be? A Les Paul, a 100wt Marshall Stack, and a 17.3HH Hanoverian.
7. Who are your favorite bands? Lannen (from Boston), The Rings (also from Boston), Aimee Mann, Queen, Journey, The Killers, 30 Seconds to Mars, Cheap Trick, Night Ranger, TNT, Shotgun Messiah, Racer X and guitar shredder extraordinaire Mrs. Smith!
8. Who are you listening to today? Savatage.
9. Favorite Food? I'm a fan of super hot/super spicy, so anything that gets me in that realm -- Szechuan, Indian, Mexican, whatever...
10. What's your favorite gig with SJB so far? Without a doubt, it would be my "debut" gig with SJB. It happened to be at a packed Loretta's Last Call in Boston. After cementing my audition, I was given 45 songs to learn in a month's time. However, there was no rehearsal between my audition and my first performance. So in many ways I was completely flying by the seat of my pants!! But I like working under that sort of pressure. It makes me draw upon those musician skills I learned at Berklee.
Rob brings a wealth of diversity to the band with the influence of multiple styles playing Metal, Rock, Alternative, Pop, Country, R&B Music in many successful Wedding, Corporate Event and Club bands such as Syrinx, Escape, DZ, Skinny Dog, Dick n Jane, Hot Mess, Whiskey Wild and now Stefanie Jasmine Band.
It isn’t all about the bass as he also leads vocals on some of the hottest country songs out there and puts the Red in Red Bull with his energy on the stage. He is frequently known as 'that crazy guy who runs around the stage'. Occasionally, he will also make his way to the dance floor while playing his bass and mingle with the crowd.
Get to know Rob:
1. What's your role in the SJB? I’ve been accused of playing along a bass guitar track live, but I can assure you, it’s real. I also will help out with vocals, make comments about the drummer, and give band hugs.
2. What's your background? It all started when my parents decided to have children. The rest is history. As far as music, I started in high school with a bunch of friends and have never looked back in my 2 score + 11 years. Most of my experience has been in progressive rock, alternative road, R&B, Pop and Country (Giddy Up!).
3. Other Hobbies/Interests outside of music? I’m an avid people watcher, a pracademian, I enjoy long walks on the beach, harassing people who text and drive, Bible reader, Hockey lover, antiquing, flea markets, Mini-Cooper driver, laborer of love.
4. Favorite Food? Sushi! The raw stuff….I like my fish uncooked.
5. What are your top 3 favorite songs (right now)? Good Directions, Hotel California, Sister Golden Hair (reminds me of my daughter)
6. Who are your favorite bands/solo artists? Sting, Rush, Journey, Billy Currington, Ambrosia, Bee Gees, Hall & Oates, Earth Wind & Fire, Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie, Marvin Gaye, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Night Ranger, Stone Temple Pilots, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Whitney Houston (you know, bands with more than one great well known song – music sustainability)
7. What is your favorite sports team? Boston Bruins of course! Then the Mystic Swim Team (my daughters on the team).
8.Favorite vacation destination? Places I’ve been, Costa Rica, Places I want to go, ITALY
9. What's your favorite gig with SJB so far? It is a tie: Bernie's Beach Bar and The Boatonian Country Cruises!
Welcome to the first installment of 'Band Member of the Month'!
This month we feature drummer John Coviello:
John has been playing drums since the age of 8. Growing up, John involved himself in any musical situation he could find; school bands, jazz bands, percussion ensembles, theater pit bands, pop bands and the all-important Garage Rock Bands.
At age 18, John found a job managing the legendary Jack’s Drum Shop on Boylston Street and immersed himself in the burgeoning Boston Music scene of the 80’s and 90’s.
Working steadily in many different bands, (which included a stint with national act Eddie Money), John earned a position at Vater Percussion (a worldwide manufacturer of drumsticks).
John has just helped develop a brand new drumstick with Vater, called the 'Extended Play'. This stick was launched in January at the 2018 NAMM show:
Get to know Johnny!!
1. Name? Johnny Coviello
2. Role in SJB? drummer
3. Brief background- Sales Manager at Vater Percussion, #1 super dad, man-about-town, and raconteur
4. Other hobbies/interests outside of music? Old motorcycles, young cowgirls, and 70s 2-channel stereo
5. Favorite drummer? Levon Helm and John Bonham
6. It's a hot summer day, what are you drinking? Tito's and tonic with a lime
7. What are your favorite bands/solo artists? AC/DC, Tom Waits, XTC, SJB
8. Lake house or beach house? Lake house!
9. Favorite vacation destination? South Florida
10. What was your favorite gig with SJB so far? Double header show at Bike Week in Laconia
We here in the Stefanie Jasmine camp are excited to announce a sponsorship agreement with Fireball Whisky, for a 3rd year!
A box of SWAG has been delivered, so get ready for giveaways & contests at shows and online! (Have you 'liked' Stefanie Jasmine Music on Facebook?? Have you also joined the email list for exclusives??)
Come celebrate with the band at an upcoming show (next show: 1/19 at Bonfire, Manchester NH)!
Fans! Stefanie Jasmine has been entered into another exciting competition, 'Hometown Riser' with WOKQ and Taste of Country, and we are reaching out for your help to win this thing! Winning this contest would mean Stefanie and the band has a shot at competing in Nashville, to become a 2018 Taste of Country rising artist!
Please help Stefanie take the win! You can vote every day until 12/31. Click on this link and vote!
Congratulations to Stefanie Jasmine for garnering yet another award nomination, this time she is nominated for 'Female Artist of the Year' by theNew England Country Music Awards! Please submit your vote here: Stefanie Jasmine Female Artist of the Year
You can vote once DAILY until April 7th! Thank you for all your support!